Saturday, May 15, 2021

turtle

trampled  by a turtle the  Vanessa   bezy cool job  marine biologist  the location  optional costa rica  I study how  and why thousands olive ridley sea  trurles come  to nest on one beach at same time. The  nesting happens all night  for about  a week so I don't  get much sleep. One  might  I was  waiting fro some new  volunteers to arrive and I though I 'd catch a quick snooze  I found  and  old  log on the beach pressed my  back up against it and drifted off. after a few minutes a 130 pound turtle come up over  the log and clambered onto my  shoulder ouch. These sea turtles are cute but they'er also smelly super loud and  really heavy.  I pushed it off me and scrambled to my feet. the turtle was in a sort of zombie  mode  trying to  find a spot  to lay her eggs so she just got off me and kept cruising  now I always have a much rest as I can in the day even though it really hot and bring a portable hammock just in case. from national geographic kids 















x














No comments:

Post a Comment

blue ribbon baking

 a 7 year old makes the best pie in Texas Allen gage blueberry pie won first pirze the battle for the blue ribbons ath the Texas state fair ...