Tuesday, July 12, 2022

fightin was natural

highin was natural 
hurtin  was real 
and the leather like lead
on the end of my arm 
was a ticket to ride to 
the top  of  the hill 
fighting was real 

The sting of the ointment 
and  scream of  the crowd 
for blood in the ring 
and  the clangin bell cuttin 
clean through the 
cloud in  my ears 
boxin was real 

the  rope at my back
and the pad on the floor 
the smack of fuor hammers 
new bones in my jaw
the guardian my mouth 
my tongue  strain  to swell 
fight was livin 
boxin wasre real 
fightin was real 
livin was hell. 

form called book Maya  Angelou 


x





No comments:

Post a Comment

blue ribbon baking

 a 7 year old makes the best pie in Texas Allen gage blueberry pie won first pirze the battle for the blue ribbons ath the Texas state fair ...